Schenectady Civic Players Proudly Presents:
What is Be Scene?
- A night of scenes, acting, friends and fun!
- It’s simple, get a group together or go solo. Choose a scene or a monologue and submit it using the form below for consideration.
- A scene selection committee will be reviewing all submissions and creating a program based on time and variety.
- The contact people for selected scenes will be notified by phone or email, please indicate your preferred contact method when submitting scenes.
Here are the rules:
- Groups may consist of one actor performing a monologue or multiple individuals with or without a director.
- Submitted scenes should be no more than 10 minutes in length.
- At this time neither musical numbers or original works will be accepted.
- Space will be limited and not all scenes may be selected. When submitting please include the names of your group, scene and show.
- All participants will be responsible for their own rehearsals and production needs. Set, lights, sound and costumes should be kept to a minimum; ideally, pieces will focus on the actors and their work.
There will be ONE Tech/Dress for all participants on Friday, May 19th, 2017 at 7:00pm.
Submissions should be sent no later than Friday, April 7th, 2017. Use the form below.
Selected Scenes will be notified by email once the final program has been chosen.
The performance will be Saturday, May 20th at 7:30pm and open to the general public as a Pay-What-You-Will evening.
Don’t miss this special event at SCP. Have fun with your friends and celebrate the community aspect of Community Theater!
If you’re interested in participating but don’t have a scene partner simply let us know, provide your information, and if enough participants are interested, we will make an introduction.